Among the herbal natural ingredients in our beauty formulations, green tea is special; it is not oxidized (fermented) during its processing, and so its buds and leaves retain much of the naturally Besides other herbal extracts and organic ingredients, we at Herbally Radiant also use tea occurring chemicals present in the leaves.
Anti-cancer: It contains a high concentration of polyphenols, with potent antioxidant properties. They scavenge free radicals and cell damaging compounds that alter DNA molecules in the chromosomes, inducing harmful mutations, possibly leading to skin cancer.
Anti-aging benefits: Several factors causing premature aging, are caused by a build-up of free radicals in the body, damaging skin cells. Free radicals do occur naturally, but their concentrations rise due to exposure to pollution, too much sunlight and some types of chemicals. Chemicals called catechins in green tea significantly improve the activity of SOD – a body of chemicals that mops up free radicals.
Fungal infection: A cup of green tea contains upto 200 mg of catechins with antioxidant properties, inhibiting production of a key enzyme (gyrase) needed by bacteria, thus reducing the chance of any bacterial infection. The CLEAN range of Cleanser, Toner, Serum andScrub derive best healing and beautifying properties with use of tea tree essential oil, made especially for acne-prone or sensitive skin types.
Some other benefits of green tea:1. Adds shine to dull, lackluster hair. Simply steep tea bags in boiling water for 15 minutes, allow to cool; soak it onto freshly-washed hair, leave on for ten minutes and then wash.
2. Soothes sunburns. Cold compresses made out of tea bags can relieve pain and reduce redness.
3. Reduces puffy eyes and dark under-eye circles. The caffeine helps to shrink blood vessels underneath the skin and eliminate darkness around the eye area.
4. Rids smelly feet odor. Soak your feet in a cool solution made out of boiled tea. The tannic acid in tea is both antibacterial and antifungal, so it stops feet from sweating and smelling funky.
5. Tones and moisturizes dry skin. Spritz cool green tea onto your face (or use a cotton ball) twice a day to draw out impurities, shrink large pores and get a healthy glow.
6. Calms skin after shaving. Try pressing a cool black tea bag onto your limbs. The tannins work to provide immediate relief from razor burns.
7. Enhances hair color. Its staining properties add color to naturally blonde or brunette locks.
Please note: Benefits of green tea, occur after drinking it for extended time-months or years, as integral long term health diet, not as some immediate fix.
To derive benefits from green tea, take it as regular health diet, not as an immediate fix for skin problem.