The recent NY Times article exposing grave health risks posed by hazardous chemical-mixed finger nail products is forcing New Yorkers and consumers elsewhere to consider their regular salon visits from a different perspective, and with caution.
The article blames finger nail products, specifically gels, with potentially toxic ingredients that can lead to skin infection, respiratory illnesses to those long exposed to them.
Using potentially hazardous chemical ingredients even in branded beauty formulations has been going on unchecked. With emerging scientific evidence of their harmful effects, there is growing awareness now among consumers for choosing safe products.
As manufacturers of natural beauty products, which are safe and effective, Herbally Radiant has been highlighting the potential dangers of many commonly used chemical ingredients in beauty formulations. Unfortunately, the packaging or labeling of most of such unsafe products does not contain adequate information about their ingredients.
Consumers need to be careful in buying the products, especially if they contain the following ingredients :
1. BHA and BHT (used mainly in moisturizers and makeup products)
2. Coal tar dyes: (potentially contaminated with heavy metals toxic to brain)
3. DEA-related ingredients (used in creamy and foaming products such as moisturizers and shampoos)
4. Dibutyl phthalate (plasticizer in some nail care products)
5. Formaldehyde-releasing preservatives (cancer causing ingredient)
6. Parabens (by-product of petroleum, potentially harmful in mail reproductive functions)
7. PEG compounds (used in cosmetic cream bases)
8. Petrolatum (used in some hair products, lip balms, lip sticks and moisturizers). for shine
9. Sodium laureth sulfate (used in foaming cosmetics)
Due to increasing scientific evidence of potential risks of such chemical ingredients, more and more consumers in Europe are opting for natural products. In US, Herbally Radiant is using certified organic ingredients in all its skin care formulations. These are not only safe for use but these also help revitalize skin effectively. Particularly, its special anti-agingformulations : Rejuvenating and Radiant, are now getting more and more acceptance.